Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Top Ten Work Tune List

I've been using Winamp at work for years now, and I was mildly amused by the 'most played' list that I found in the menus as they weren't all dance tunes:
10) Tori Amos - Marianne
9) Evanescence - Tourniquet
8) White Zombie - Super Charged Heaven
7) Chicane - Bruised Water
6) Snow Patrol - If There's a Rocket Tie Me to It (remix)
5) George Michael - Cowboys and Angels
4) Roland Orzabal - Bullets for Brains fan video :-(
3) Death Cab for Cutie - Soul Meets Body
2) Radiohead - Sulk
and #1) Sneaker Pimps - How Do
It's somewhat biased since this is stuff that I'd listen to at work (with Winamp I hit F3, type in the tune I want from the library and play it if I'm in the mood for a particular tune).  So only two dance tunes! (#7 and #6, though a purist may count #4 as well and someone who is an ass may even make #1 a dance tune since it was made by a club act.)

What might be more interesting though, is how I got the tunes:

10) Used CD purchase
9) Purchased from Russian download service
8) Copied from friend's CD
7) Purchased from Amazon
6) Tried to buy, but had to 'boot' since no one sells it
5) Copied from brother's CD
4) New CD purchase
3) Purchased from Amazon
2) Copied from friend's CD
1) Used CD purchase

No comments: