Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Non-Cheap Date

I remember hearing about these Bose noise cancellation headphones when they came out. I was intrigued by the idea, but they're $300, for headphones!?

As fate might have it though, I won a set of those at a conference I recently attended. I wish I could remember the name of the vendor who offered them as a prize, but alas...

I gave half a thought to selling them on EBay, but didn't see the point in maybe getting $100 for a $300 set of headphones. Having resolved to keep them I fired them up and was amazed at the audio quality. The noise cancellation pushes ambient noise away and makes everything sound as if it's ten feet further away, and then all the nuances of whatever music I was listening to were coming through crystal clear. I can now see how it might get obsessive for some people as they upgrade every piece of their audio equipment in order to preserve every wavelength of sound quality.

It is an amazing product, but is it worth the price?

They're headphones....they're $300.

No comments: