Monday, July 14, 2008

Red, White, and Beer

With Miller brewing/Coors having been bought by South Africans a couple years ago, Budweiser (aka Anheuser-Busch) was able to stake a claim as the great American beer. This was a big reason for my switch to Bud from Miller at the time. Sadly though, I'm now looking for the last big American beer now that a Belgian company has bought out Anheuser-Busch. Maybe the near undrinkable Sam Adams? Sam Adams Light is tolerable, but boy I don't want to pay $1.25 a friggin' beer. A coworker suggested that I switch to strictly drinking Makers Mark bourbon which would be a pricey option (that, and, it appears that the brand is at least partially own by the French).

Then there's a local brewer who suffers under the same impression of all micro brews: that Americans like beer that tastes like ass.

I don't know, maybe I'll switch to wine; but no matter what you do to it, wine isn't a very good sports beverage.

No comments: