Friday, May 02, 2008

All You Can Eat Sushi

What a great find by Mrs. Sandmich, an all you can eat sushi place in Parma, Ohio; believe it or not!
http://www.watamibuffet.com/index.html
I'd love to report that it was unmemorable, retro-grade sushi (as I had expected it to be), but unfortunately it was some of the best sushi I've had. This marks the only location at which I've had editable mackerel sushi* and the salmon was like eating (a delicious, fleshy) butter. They also had stuff I hadn't seen before, like a deep fried maki roll (OMG!).

If I was in any way important I'd think that this was a fancy assassination attempt against yours truly. I should enjoy it while it lasts since there's no way they can maintain that price-to-quality ratio, even at $15 a head.

*Yes, I even mean the sushi mother country, where they don't care if the recipe calls for something to taste like pickled fish butts. For example:
[N]ext, not for the timid: aji, or horse mackerel, marinated in vinegar, and fresh oyster. [I]t taste like the sea, which sometimes isn't a good thing...
No, "low tide" is not 'sometimes' a bad flavor, it's always foul.

No comments: