Thursday, February 14, 2008

News Notes

From the Drudge front page:
Government Benefit Costs Topped $27,000 Per Senior Citizen Last Year...
Bernanke Warns Economy Worsening...
Subprime crisis costs global $7.7 trillion...

BTW, I caught something about McCain that I had forgotten. It's been said that he did vote against the Bush tax cuts, but what isn't remarked upon is that he had initially voted for the package that included both tax cuts AND spending caps. Of course when the bill came up for the final vote the caps were gone and so was his vote; wise I think. I'd also heard that his McCain-Feingold 'campaign finance reform' bill as submitted was equally wise and reasonable, but when it got crapped back out of the committees it looked nothing like the bill he had submitted. I'll grant that he hasn't made any effort to disown the bill, but I'm willing to cut him a little slack on the issue since that story is easily believable (though I'm to lazy to find a reference).

No comments: