Monday, October 22, 2007

Rice Things

I know my brother-in-law is a fan of these things, so I figured I'd bring 'em up:


They're a Japanese treat made out of sugar and rice gluten. The texture is usually what throws people off, kinda like uncooked bread dough. At roughly 30-40 cents a piece (their diameter is a little larger than a fifty cent piece) they definitely rank as a special treat.

These are honeydew melon flavored and they're pretty tasty. Mrs. Sandmich also bought me some orange ones, which had an okay taste, but unfortunately they vaguely tasted like an antibiotic that I had as a kid* and I can no longer stomach anything that tastes remotely like that sick stuff (any attempt to make foul tasting medicine taste better only results in some horrid franken-taste).

*I actually didn't know it was an antibiotic until we to get it for Kid Sandmich. Mrs. Sandmich had to be the one to give it to him 'cause I could probably only give that foul tasting stuff to persons on my 'enemies list'. For those who might know, it's the liquid stuff that you have to keep in the fridge.

No comments: