Friday, September 22, 2006

Bizy Sandmich

Sorry for the dearth of posting for those of you who check the page regularly (get RSS already!), but I gave my first public presentation today on a topic that I'll not describe lest I bore you to tears.

Anyway, I got a trip to Indianapolis out of the deal (please, please, contain your jealousy!), so how about a few shots (the Sandmich LOVES eye candy*)?






As well, some lady was traveling with her adorable pooch!



A stewardess had the tag below on her luggage. I told her it was 'cute' when I asked to take a picture; but I figured later that 'cute' probably won't be the first thing that comes to mind by people seeing it:


GREEN ALERT! The TSA had to examine my carefully wrapped pickles that were a gift from my game developer buddy in order to ensure the safety of myself and my fellow (air) travelers:


I feel safer already! Who knows how many evil pickle jars have found their way onto airplanes? (Well, I do: ZERO)


As a bonus, I got to stay at the Indy Omni at a remarkably reduced rate. This was one of the handful of places that I've stayed that I thought was too good for me. People were going to the gym room wearing workout clothes that cost more than my dress clothes. This was also the first place I'd ever stayed at where there were TOO MANY pillows on the bed. At some point when I was down in the lobby I saw a large group coming in and many of them were following the same habit I typically do and had their own pillows. I felt like telling them that if they were paying the rack rate (+$200 a night), I think it's a reasonable expectation that the place can go through the trouble of coughing up a couple friggin' pillows for you (not that they'd need to).

*(Except for that Superman movie. What a floating turd of a film. That kind of mediocrity is acceptable in a five million dollar indy flick, but it was almost sickening to see so much money flushed down the john for so, so, so little in return.)

No comments: