Monday, December 19, 2005

More Xmas Viddles

For the past several years, one of vendors has dropped off this delightful tray:

It has all kind of chocolate covered goodies: popcorn, pretzels, marshmallows, Oreos, and....potato chips. That last sounds kind of gross, and I've never seen them apart from this tray, but they're one of those synergistic bad foods that takes two foods that are bad for you and combines them to make one horridly addictive and 'bad for you' food.

A different vendor always makes the 'B grade' effort to pick up the box of mixed chocolates from the Malley's right down the road. Malley's is a local candy producer, but unlike other local producers in other cities that excel in quality, Malley's screams of mediocrity - it's chocolate is little more than brown paraffin and their mixed chocolates range from tolerable to (mostly) 'spit me out now'. Despite repeatedly being burned by their box o' death, I decide to give them a try every year to see if they've improved their wares. Everyone knows from my other posts how picky an eater I am, and if I can't tolerate it you've no business touching it.

No comments: