Sunday, October 02, 2005

Bento Watch #27

Wings and carrots that I had to compress to fit in the bowl; rice with ume, miso soup, grapes. I guess I could be a little more adventurous with the miso soup, but it's not bad like it is.

More rolls. I have trouble with the consistency on these. I used the fake crab sticks that make rolls easier to 'roll', but I couldn't get them compressed enough to keep my smartly cut carrots in, despite the fact that I've made them several times before with no issues. Most sushi directions are long on ingredients and short on technique, mostly because I think an effective technique is so difficult to learn.

On a semi-related note, I splurged and picked myself up a goat yogurt at an organic foods store. Much like goat cheese, the texture is much smoother than the bovine equivalent; but it also has that 'sweaty goat' taste that makes it rough going down.

No comments: