Sunday, September 04, 2005

Paypal hits bottom, digs

I always considered Paypal a semi-necessary evil. Why no legitimate bank hasn't ever stepped in to compete against this slimy organization is beyond me.

Anyway, one of the sites I check in with rather frequently, Something Awful, has been out since the big hurricane because their site is hosted in New Orleans. Rich Kyanka, who runs the site, has been biding his time and posting updates and collecting donations for hurricane victims using the odious Paypal; that is, he was...until Paypal shut him down for rather arbitrary reasons. From SA (9/3/05 - 9:36PM post)
I'm pissed off and I can't stop writing. You guys were donating nearly $3,500 AN HOUR before Paypal locked the account. Let me repeat that again: $3,500 AN HOUR. You guys were exceedingly awesome. You were going above and beyond being gratuitous. It was amazing, I was wearing socks and they were blown off so hard that they slammed into my sock drawer and all the other socks flew out. Now it's like everything collided head-on with a brick wall, and it's all smoldering mess.

It's bad enough I'm losing money and customers every single minute of every single hour I have no business. All of that is very crappy. But this charity drive, having Paypal step in and shut it down... that just makes me beyond angry. I can't stop writing about this crap, and I'm afraid I'll be here venting my fury at this despicable corporation until my wife saws off my arms. I'm going to stop right now, because I'm just repeating myself at this point.

Here's all I want: you people at Paypal send every single dollar donated to the Red Cross. Then you give me these peoples' mailing addresses so I can reward them for donating by sending them free merchandise, which I pay for out of my own pockets. That's all I ever wanted to do, and I'm sorry you won't allow this.
Let's hope Paypal takes a break from screwing over their customers to find a clue on this.

No comments: