Monday, September 12, 2005

Beisbol

Seven baseball games in one season is a low number to the devout I'm sure, but to someone who is mildly indifferent to the sport, such as myself, it's a high number (it can be entertaining in person, but I can't make myself watch it on TV, and certainly can't listen to it on the radio. And while I'm on the topic, what's up with people who listen to Nascar races on the radio?) So it was when I attended my seventh (a personal record), and no doubt final game of the season; courtesy of Mr. Kendall.



They had a fireworks display after this game, and I took a couple of shots...


The rest of the Indians pictures are here.

When I went to put the pictures up of the Indians game, I realized I hadn't posted any pictures from the White Sox game I attended ($33 for a standing room only ticket, I'd knock it, but the standing room only 'seats' were better than half the seats in the stadium)...




I also snapped the following picture of a young lady with an elaborate tattoo on her back...

I can kinda understand why women get these tattoos, but I don't know why they get permanent ones. The one pictured is already starting to 'bleed' and by the time she's 40, there will be nothing but a black mess on her back that will look like the result of someone's effort to draw a cartoon with a worn down Sharpie. Why do they get a permanent ('bleeding') marker of something that is basically a fad?

More Chicago pics here, here, and here (last is baseball game and a little China Town).

3 comments:

Jill said...

Ummm. most of the time we get tattoos cause we like them. Its actually quite addictive. And if your smart you'll get one that will mean something to you. Not all of us are that smart....

If I had some more $$$ I'd get some more. Plus.. if they fade you can always go in for a quick touch up. If the sagging skin is what you are referring to.. well at least it will be decorated and saggy not just saggy.

Evil Sandmich said...

This seems to be one of those things that break one way or the other for a person - and they just aren't my bag. The high numbers of people who go to have them removed makes me wonder how much of a 'bag' they are for other people.

Of course this is just for me, other people can look fine with them. If I ever did get one, I'd get like an eye looking out from the palm of my hand or something equally (or more) bizzare.

Jill said...

Ahhh.... the ole faithful eyeball. Nahh go with something more original. Although I do like the eyeball peering out from the back of the neck. Seen that a few times.