Saturday, August 20, 2005

Traveling

It would appear that I'm in Chicago. I've developed a love of big cities, which is pretty much a fascination I've always had. I love walking out the door and having so much readily accessible - movies, food, groceries, all within walking distance; and owning a bike brings more to do than even most small cities have via a car. (Though, to be fair, the prices do more than enough to make up for the convenience. The price to park our car will wind up costing almost as much as it did to rent it!)

As an aside, I was amazed at the absolute penetration of iPod usage within the city, I noticed something similar in Toronto. I figured Steve Jobs could fire up his secret mind control firmware at any point in order to turn entire metropolitan areas into his willing zombies (i.e. Mac fans).

2 comments:

Matty D said...

This is an actual kind of phenomenon that is discussed in an intro Econ course. I just don't remember a damn thing about it.

Anyhoo, yeah, I'm one of the sheep that got an iPod, but to be honest, I am more than 100% satisfied with the product. So, simply put, if I had the money again, I'd buy it all over again.

RT said...

Personally, I think Ipods should be free to every living person... Could you just imagine how quiet this planet would be if only we could hear the music we wanted to play???