Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Let Them Eat Walmart

What an idiot. I live up here and I didn't even know this 'Wal-Mart in Cleveland' thing was an issue. The complainers in the city talk about how undesirable the jobs are, which is snobmania to say the least: "Well I would never do a job like that", I'm sure you wouldn't poindexter, but if Wal-Mart can't find anyone who wants to work there, isn't that their problem, not yours? I mean, what kind of jobs do they want? Right now they have 'none', wouldn't Wal-Mart jobs be better than none? Why can't you have more than one kind of Job? I'm sure if they were seasonal jobs down at the stadium that involved putting mustard on dogs, the city jerks would be talking about how corporate welfare was lightening the unemployment roles. I'm equally sure the city would have no problem sucking up to any corporation not named Wal-Mart that seeks to bring the number of jobs A store would bring in.

Well, at least the critics certainly can't cite Wal-Mart was ruining the mystique of the area.

(And yes, I still don't care for Wal-Mart, but at least I'm not so arrogant as to presuppose my shopping preferences should be forced upon the rest of mankind).

No comments: