Thursday, May 19, 2005

Bento Watch #13

I've been without the camera and the system with my blog pics on it for almost two weeks, so I hadn't been able to put any bento posts up. Bento pics might be boring, but taking them force me to make a healthy lunch, and without the inspiration to post, I hadn't been making them; so I'll probably catch up next week.

The bento above is rice with this Japanese/Eurapeon brown gravy curry with beef and 'shrooms. It's a fairly faithful rendition of the type of curry I saw in Japan and England. As a bonus, it stunk up the microwave at work for like a week with curry stink!

2 comments:

nunyabiznaz said...

Where were you in Japan? I lived on Okinawa for 4 1/2 years. LOVED it, LOVED the food! I enjoy readying yer blogs.

Evil Sandmich said...

I was there for about two weeks last year, but I'm a bit of a fanboy besides. Years of consuming greasy hot food have gotten to me and, ironically, Japanese dishes are something that I can eat on a fairly consistent basis.