Monday, April 04, 2005

Tokyo Grope

Oh...oh...oh my. This story speaks for itself, Groper's paradise gets Women's Only carriages for morning rush hour:
Women-only coaches were introduced Monday on notorious JR Saikyo Line trains during the morning rush hour to protect women from molesters, East Japan Railway Co. (JR East) said.
You mean to tell me that grouping is so bad in Japan that they have to reserve a car for ladies to keep them from getting groped?
The JR Saikyo Line is infamous for having the largest number of molestation cases on a single train line. Last year, 217 cases in which men molested women on trains were reported on the line.
Of course my previous experience tells me that a separate country may be needed for the ladies in order to protect them from Japanese pervs. What about the men though? Are they upset at automatically being labeled a letch?
"It's a good change because I no longer have to carry a bag and hang onto a strap to avoid being mistaken for a molester," Hitoshi Ishida, 53, a company employee from the Saitama Prefecture city of Kawaguchi...
That's great. I feel kind'a bad though that I laughed the whole time I read this story (Although the title led me to believe it was about fish).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

being groped in Japan is no laughing matter I should know I was groped at peace park!