Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Lowtax on Novotatarians

From Something Awful:
Furthermore, let me tell you dunce caps from Turner Media and MTV and every other commercial-driven corporation who want me to elect the bribed leader of their choice: not voting is the most patriotic thing anybody can do. Each time a TV anchorperson announces in a very sad, solemn voice that 98.4% of American citizens refused to vote, my heart skips a beat because I know the Novotatarian party is growing and our displeasure for both candidates is becoming more apparent. Soon our raw, consolidated apathy will force one of the two parties to nominate an actual decent, intelligent, charismatic leader in order to capitalize on our growing numbers, but we won't bother voting for him either because, really, what's the point?

2 comments:

RT said...

OK, I read the rest of that article, and I'm still a little confused... Is he serious, or is he being sarcastic? Or, is he just trying to be funny and I'm reading too much into it?

That whole thing about Cameron Diaz is too funny! While (after reading context of her statement) I can understand where she's coming from, she's definitely not the most articulate person around. But, I guess that's what happens when you're used to reading a script, then suddenly you have to use your brain.

Evil Sandmich said...

Something Awful is a cynical and sarcastic, male oriented 'humor' site.