Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Bush on meetings

From The Corner:
"I've been to a lot of summits. I've never seen a meeting that would depose a tyrant, or bring a terrorist to justice. . . ."
Meetings in general are a waste of time. I had a boss a while back who would be into meetings for the sake of having meetings. 'Teambuilding' or some such crap like that. A waste of time is all it really was. Even worse were the meetings where self important people would get together to make each other feel good about themselves.

I have to admit though, when I would be contracting I would like meetings since that would basically mean at least one billable hour to the customer in exchange for me doing nothing.

Now that I think about it, that former boss was a self-important contractor; dammit...

1 comment:

RT said...

Shhhhh!!! Don't be dogging meetings! I'm one of those people who get paid by the hour and a meeting to us means an hour or two of kicking back, maybe cathing a few zzz, and all the free coffee we want and free muffins we can fit in our purses!