Saturday, September 11, 2004

9-11

How could I let such a day go by without a comment. Mr. Kendall seems to have beaten me to the punch with his historical retrospective. I, of course, have much more of a gut reaction. How about a little Jack Dunphy from NRO?

"...I just kept looking up at the fires, and at the people jumping. You never see those pictures anymore, the people jumping. I saw one group of four or five people coming down holding hands. Their bodies just exploded when they hit. I try to imagine what that was like, to decide that jumping a quarter of a mile was better than what was happening up there in the fire. They had that one picture in Newsday, that one lonely guy falling, but you never see that picture anymore. It kills me that people aren't exposed to that, what those poor people went through."



To quote Theoden from The Two Towers "So much death. What can men do against such reckless hate?"
What do we do? Do we take the path that some would like and insist the evil will never come through the door? Or do we go out and defeat those that wish to, at any cost, make us dead?

No comments: